Tuesday, December 8, 2009

San Francisco Day 4 (5/29)

Ever been to the Ferry Building in the Embarcadero? It's a loooong building...by the ferry...with lots of little foodie shops. Like Faneuil Hall in Boston. Or Costco on the weekends.
San Francisco

At Joy's suggestion Lauren and I headed over to the Cowgirl Creamery inside, an artisan cheese shop. In other words, I was in heaven. We had a very helpful lady who discussed cheeses with us and we ended up with a variety of wedges. All we needed to do was get a loaf of crusty bread from Acme Bakery next door and we had lunch!

San Francisco

From left to right, San Andreas (semi-firm sheep's milk), Ewe's Blue (a sheep's milk blue made in the style of Roquefort), Mt. Tam (the creamery's award-winning signature cow's milk) and Fenacho (a semi-firm goat's milk). I happen to have a deep affinity to sheep's milk cheeses; they are always so earthy and complex. I loved the Ewe's Blue, but I could have eaten my way through the entire shop. The Creamery's Library of Cheeses is a great place to go drool--thanks for the recommendation, Joy!

San Francisco

Lauren dragged me into some hotel nearby and we sneaked on to the glass elevator. Pressing all the buttons! It did have a nice view.
San Francisco

Tomorrow: Lauren and Christine move to the Mission!

No comments: