Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cambridge, Food, Trader Joe's, Food (8/15)

Boston
We decided to go to Cambridge today and take a stroll around Harvard. I hate displaying these poorly shot photos, but they're all I have.

We quickly became accustomed to the metro system.
Boston


Cambridge...waiting in front of the bank for some ladies to get some dollars
Boston

Californian reaction: "Wow! Bricks!!"
Boston

At some point Lauren and Ashley decided to get piercings.
lauren pierced by lily(by Lily)

ashley pierced by lily(by Lily)

Afterward Ashley took us to Crazy Dough's Pizza and we noshed. Is it bad I can't remember exactly which one I got? All I remember was its deliciousness. I think it was the Nutty Tuscan: oven-roasted plum tomato, caramelized onions, roasted garlic, toasted pine nuts, crumbled Gorgonzola, basil and pesto. I don't remember any Gorgonzola, but I do remember burning my mouth.
Boston

Lily the Genius went for the calzone and got her food after we were all done eating...sorry Lily. You can't civilize us. This is why we can't have nice things.
Boston

Lauren: Caesar salad in a bowl of buttered bread? Count me in. Taken after I'd had a few gratuitous bites of her food container.
Boston

Took the T to the convention center
Boston

so we could go...to Trader Joe's. Duhhh.
Boston

Why do we do this to ourselves? We travel all the way across the country and end up...at Trader Joe's. Like we don't get enough at work. It's pretty embarrassing.

Look, Ma! It's the same over here!
Boston

Except NOT. Open till 10?? Madness!
Boston

Neat signage.
Boston

Boston

Inquiring minds may want to know...what the hell is going on in this mural. Look, I know we're all into food, but come on. Some lady's either crowd-surfing, playing a light-hearted park edition of Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board or being carried out due to Michael-Jackson-induced unconsciousness. (See: Exhibit A)
Boston

One difference I see: marked changes in attitude. This was as far as we got with the cameras.
Boston

I think some people need to work on their Kaizen. Like we even wanted to photograph your stupid store anyway! Y'all were mean!

And because I am an accomplished documentarian, that is all I have for today. Stopped at Harvard, walked around, probably ate some more. You know the drill.

No comments: